1/8 Photos of Caribbean Jerk Chicken With Fresh Fruit Salsa
Can't be in the tropics but you'll feel like you are when you're enjoying this salsa made with tropical fresh sweet mangoes, papaya, crisp red peppers and ginger mixed with aromatic spices and herbs topping the grilled jerk chicken that is well seasoned with the same mixture of herbs and spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spice Mixture for marinated chicken and flavoring the salsa
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 1/2 ounces minced red onions
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley or 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Mix the Spice Mixture in a mini food processor pulsing to a chunky mixture. Or finely chop all together.
- 2Coat chicken with 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture rubbing in and marinade for 1/2-1 hour in refrigerator.
- 3Add the rest of the spice mixture to the salsa ingredients. Chill.
- 4Heat grill to medium high.
- 5Rub the chicken with the oil.
- 6Place on hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes pre side till done. Depending on how thick the breasts are. May be pan fried or broiled as well.
- 7Plate chicken and top generously with salsa.
- 8Serve with rice or on a bed of salad greens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Jerk Chicken With Fresh Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 297.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 49.0 g