Recipe by chia
summertime and the grillin is easy
Top Review by Sharon123
The marinade was very nice. I used about a tbls. of jalapeno peppers instead of the scotch bonnet, for a milder marinade.I also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the quarters. Thanks for a tasty way to fix chicken!
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 inches ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- salt, pepper
- 4 chicken quarters
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- add first 10 ingredients to blender and pulse to form a paste, season with salt& pepper cut slits in chicken, rub with marinade.
- refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- preheat grill and brush with olive oil.
- cook chicken on indirect medium heat 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- may also be made in the oven, roast at 450.