Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, authentic rendition of an island classic.
Make and share this Caribbean Jerk Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml ground allspice
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml ground sage
- 3.69 ml ground nutmeg
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml lime juice (about one lime)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs or 8 chicken thighs or 8 chicken drumsticks
- In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the Scotch bonnet pepper, onion, and green onions and mix well.
- Place chicken into one-gallon plastic freezer bag; pour marinade into bag; remove excess air from bag and seal. Marinate for at least 12 hours, turning bag every 6 hours -- marinate longer if possible, up to three days!
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
WOW we just loved this chicken! Perfect combination of spices with enough juice/vinegar to make the chicken tender and juicy. We used boneless, skinless breasts and marinated for about 12 hours, then grilled. Great recipe - thanks for sharing it! Made for Fall PAC 2009