Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Incredible recipe if you like your chicken hot and spicy!
- 158.51 ml Caribbean-style hot sauce (suggested Batch #114 Jamaican Hot Sauce, www.originaljuan.com; also avail. in specialty stores)
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 19.71 ml dried thyme
- 24.64 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 14.78 ml ground black pepper
- 14.78 ml salt
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 5 Cornish hens or 2948.35 g chicken, split in half lengthwise
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- In a blender, puree sauce ingredients until they form a smooth paste.
- Coat chicken on all sides with sauce.
- Marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Grill slowly over low to medium heat until done, or to roast: Heat oven to 375F.
- Arrange chicken halves in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until juices run clear when thighs are pierced with a knife.