Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Incredible recipe if you like your chicken hot and spicy!
Make and share this Caribbean/Island Jerk Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup Caribbean-style hot sauce (suggested Batch #114 Jamaican Hot Sauce, www.originaljuan.com; also avail. in specialty stores)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 5 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 5 Cornish hens or 6 1⁄2 lbs chicken, split in half lengthwise
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- In a blender, puree sauce ingredients until they form a smooth paste.
- Coat chicken on all sides with sauce.
- Marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Grill slowly over low to medium heat until done, or to roast: Heat oven to 375F.
- Arrange chicken halves in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until juices run clear when thighs are pierced with a knife.