Recipe by MarraMamba
wonderful chicken dish using fresh mango and spices. Update 22/02/12 Scored the chicken so the meat could penetrate throughout and it made a fabulous easy meal. Used real garlic instead of garlic salt.
Top Review by awalde
We had a wonderful dinner! Thanks a lot MarraMamba! The mango I got was not really very ripe, but for this kind of recipe this was not a problem for us. I substituted the jalapeno with 2 tablespoons frozen bird cherry pepper. For the rest I followed the recipe as described. I'm very happy I tried this recipe as I made my family very very happy!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice and lemon peel; whisk until well-blended. Remove 1/4 cup of mixture to food processor container; set aside. Add mango to honey lemon mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Store in refrigerator.
- Add onion, jalapenos, paprika, oil, garlic salt, cinnamon, pepper and allspice to honey-lemon mixture in food processor container. Process until very finely chopped, scrape down sides when necessary. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Spread oil in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Arrange chicken breasts in pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to serving platter; top with reserved mango.