Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so tasty.
Make and share this Caribbean Guisado recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups pinto beans, cooked
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 2 medium chayotes, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups celery root, chopped
- 2 cups yucca root, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups battata, peeled and cubed
- 8 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 16 garlic cloves
- 4 large yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Place in oven and cook, uncovered, for 4 hours.
- The pumpkin, chayote and tomatoes will cook down to a thick sauce.
- Stir every 30 minutes.
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Serve hot.