1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe reminds so much of the taste of vacation that I HAD to share it! We tasted it a few years ago, and begged the chef for the recipe just about everyday during our stay! A few simple ingrediants, 1- 2 hours of marinade time, and VOILA! The compliments will just keep on coming!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, thawed, deveined and unshelled
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (4 pepper mix is best)
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 limes, fresh
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1Prepare your shrimp, and leave in the fridge until you're ready.
- 2Next, mix the rum, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, ground pepper, chopped basil, olive oil, garlic salt and juice from 2 of the limes.
- 3Using a chocolate grater, add the zest from the third lime to the mix.
- 4Use the juice from the last lime, and add that to the mix as well.
- 5Place your shrimp into the liquid, and leave for between 1 - 2 hours. (60 minutes seems to be the magic number for us, because after that, the rum is a little overpowering).
- 6Grill on a hot barbeque about 2-3 minutes each side, or until pink. The caramelisation is amazing!
- 7In absence of a barbeque, pan frying or broiling is good too.
- 8We serve on stir fried vegetables (using the juice from the mix) and pasta.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g