Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a flyer from one of my local grocery stores. It' easy to prepare and quick, usually ready to serve in about 45 minutes. The ingredients are not posting correctly, so I've repeated a few measurements in the instructions for clarification.
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (should be a third cup, not half cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- In a bowl combine 1/3 cup lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, coriander and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Arrange onions in a large, shallow dish. Arrange pork chops over onion slices. Pour lime marinade over chops and onions. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile, heat grill. Place pork chops and onions on heated grill, discarding marinade. Grill for approximately 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
We really enjoyed these. Loved the flavor of the marinade on both the chops and the onions. Thanks NWG for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
Absolutely delicious! The only tricky part was finding a vessel that held the onions & chops so that the marinade would cover. I managed. ;) I served this with Pineapple Compote which went wonderfully. Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers
This was very good and super easy and quick. The onions turned out delicious. I followed the directions exactly. I thought the pork had good flavor, but was maybe a little bland. Next time I will make a second portion of the marinade and use it to make a glaze to drizzle on after cooking. I might also add a little more coriander and cayenne. Thanks for sharing!