Recipe by Thymestudio
Nothing beats grilling in the summer time and nothing is better than making your own tangy marinade!
- 2 roasting chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and shallots;
- cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato paste, followed by wine and vinegar.
- Add bell pepper, thyme, chilli and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a large shallow pan and pour sauce on top.
- Marinate, covered, 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill.
- Arrange chicken on hot grill and cook, turning pieces often and basting with sauce,
- about 20 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.