Recipe by CaliforniaJan
These zesty grilled steaks are flavored with a Caribbean-style marinade and are perfect for summer easy-eating.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This produced a nice flavorful steak that was very enjoyable. I used a flank steak, red onion, and omitted the sage (personal preference). The marinade really penetrated the meat and everybody enjoyed this. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.
- 1 fluid ounce coconut-flavored rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices onions
- 6 beef top sirloin steaks, 8 oz. each
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the rum, salt, pepper, cinnamon, powder, oregano, sage, vinegar, and lemon juice in a bowl; pour into a gallon-sized, resealable plastic bag. Add the onion and steaks to the marinade. Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Allow to marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat the barbecue grill and sear steaks to your preference. Depending on thickness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.