Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great on broiled swordfish or chicken breast. Adapted from Chile Pepper Magazine.
Make and share this Caribbean Ginger Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, blend the salt, cornstarch, sugar, lime juice and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and cayenne. Gradulally stir into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and transparent.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the pineapple chunks, wine and cilantro.
- Serve portions of fish or chicken with a liberal dollop of warm sauce.
Excellent on grilled turkey cutlets and zucchini with rice! Followed the recipe to the letter and loved every drop of it :) Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Caribbean for The Apron String Travelers
This was very, very good on grilled chicken breasts. I used bone-in with the skin on chicken breast halves and this was a perfect sauce for them. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.