Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great on broiled swordfish or chicken breast. Adapted from Chile Pepper Magazine.
Make and share this Caribbean Ginger Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, blend the salt, cornstarch, sugar, lime juice and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and cayenne. Gradulally stir into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and transparent.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the pineapple chunks, wine and cilantro.
- Serve portions of fish or chicken with a liberal dollop of warm sauce.
Excellent on grilled turkey cutlets and zucchini with rice! Followed the recipe to the letter and loved every drop of it :) Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Caribbean for The Apron String Travelers
This was very, very good on grilled chicken breasts. I used bone-in with the skin on chicken breast halves and this was a perfect sauce for them. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.