Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened or 1⁄4 cup regular margarine
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, Melt & Cool
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- walnut halves
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the cooled chocolate, coffee powder, and rum flavoring, blending well.
- Stir in the flour and the chopped walnuts and turn into the unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange the walnut halves in a circle around the edge of the pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 20-25 minutes or until set around the edge.
- Cool on a wire rack.