Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a lovely dessert that has lots of beautiful flavor. It is best eaten right after being prepared.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled stoned and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 papaya, peeled,halved,pitted and sliced
- 2 large bananas, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- plain live yogurt, to serve
- First be sure to have all of your fruit prepared.
- Melt your butter in a large heavy-based frying pan.
- Once it is melted, add the pineapple and cook for 3 minutes until it starts to brown; turn occasionally.
- Add your mango, papaya, and bananas to the frying pan and cook for just one minute, making sure you turn occasionally.
- Next stir in your maple syrup, cinnamon, and rum and cook for 2 more minutes until the sauce thickens and fruit is nice and tender.
- Serve immediately with yogurt.
I made this using just pineapple and mango, I couldn't find any papayas in my grocery store. I might have overcooked the fruit slightly as it was a little too soft, I served it with whipped cream in place of yogurt, which is not one of my DH's favorite things LOL! this dessert is a must for fruit lovers, it is simply delicious! Thanks L4C!...Kitten:)
this sounds so delicous, i will try this for sure and post my comments later, i am sure the comments will be good. thanks for sharing.