Recipe by Dawn
a taste of the tropics on a good flavorful flank steak. This can be grilled or broiled. It tastes great with a fruit salad. Steak need to marinate for 2 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- lime wedge
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- seasoning salt or caribbean jerk seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Score steak at 1 inch intervals.
- Make marinade by combining lime juice, oil molasses, mustard, garlic, and lime peel in a large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt on steak.
- Place in bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Turn occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil 5-6 minutes each side for medium rare steak.
- After broiling cover with aluminum foil and let set for five minutes before carving.
- Serve with lime wedges.