Recipe by Tish
The theory is you dump this in a bag and freeze to pull out later. There are many variations which I will post separately but it's amazingly easy to make these up and have a different "dump" chicken every week!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This is what I did--put the ingredients into the freezer bag and set in refrigerator overnight. Lined a baking dish with foil and coated with nonstick cooking spray, to make clean-up easy. Dumped the ingredients into the pan, sprinkled the chicken with salt and pepper and baked for about 45 minutes. The fruit and sauce were delicious and the chicken was very moist and tender. Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (4-6 pieces)
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag.
- Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).