Recipe by Az B
From dominica-weekly.org. A Caribbean take on the traditional deviled egg. Cook time includes time to chill.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made this for Little Miss (DD) and she loved it, I only added a drop of hot pepper sauce so, it wouldn't be overpowering for a young palate. I don't eat eggs but she said the flavour was yummy. Thank you Az G
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 4 stuffed olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a sauce pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard hot water. Allow cold water from tap to run over eggs until cool.
- Remove shell and cut eggs in half.
- Remove yolks to a small bowl.
- Mash with a fork and then add mayonnaise, pepper sauce, pepper, butter, onion juice, and salt. Mixture should be the consistency of a thick paste.
- Using a pastry bag or spoon fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve garnished with olive slices or parsley.