1/1 Photo of Caribbean Curry Chicken
3 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
A lovely lady who hailed from Trinidad shared this spectacular recipe with me many years ago. She was a coworker who brought this dish in for special occasions or potluck dinners. It was always the first empty serving dish at every event! She was so marvelously fun to work with and such a sweetheart to share this fantastic recipe with me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1Cut up the chicken, trim the fat and skin.
- 2Wash the chicken with the lemon juice and drain.
- 3Combine the chicken parts with the onions, garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl and marinate for 2 hours.
- 4Heat a stew pot on medium heat and then add the oil and curry powder.
- 5Once the curry has darkened (do not burn), add the chicken and onions and brown chicken on all sides.
- 6Add the water then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the potatoes.
- 8Cover and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 9Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.3
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 477.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 50.2 g