Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
There is a small heat factor here!
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- Let the currants soak in the rum for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the onion, garlic, bell pepper and curry powder. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the currants and rum, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Puree the mango pieces in a blender. Add this puree to the sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Season to taste. Serve.