Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can also substitute stew beef and then simmer for about 90 minutes, until the beef is tender.
Make and share this Caribbean Curried Beef recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, green onions and onions.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the sirloin strips to the pan.
- Sprinkle the meat with the curry powder and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring and turning, until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan.
- Cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Serve over hot rice.
I had a craving for something different and spicy. I made exactly as directed except I added two small tomatoes. I let it cook for a little bit longer then directed and the meat was very tender. Served it over rice for a yummy and comforting meal. Thanks for posting