Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this salad in the summer with our BBQ evenings. It is tart and a little hot. If you don't do hot so well, use one pepper.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small chili peppers, seeded and minced (I use jalapeno)
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Slice the cucumbers lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon or melon baller.
- Slice each half into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
- Toss gently and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place the cucumbers in a serving bowl and add the chilies, lime juice, and garlic.
- Toss well.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
This is delightful! I made it for lunch and ate it all. I've never had cucumber and jalepeno together before...didn't know what I was missing. Thanks for an unusual, refreshing, and delicious salad recipe, Miss Annie! I'll make this one often.
yum! I used chili pepper spice and it worked great.
I used only one pepper fearing that not everyone in my family would like it too spicy, but this left it a little bland (for my tastes). Very nice, very cool summer sidedish.