Recipe by angeliceyes
this is another level of cornbread...its moist, tasty and very sophisticated with a taste that leaves u wanting more and more. u never make 1 and become satisfied with it. i am from the west indies so i decided 2 caribbean-ise the cornbread and i am sure that u will love it just as much as i did. happy eating! :)
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely cornbread. Great flavor and excellent textures. This treat was easy and quick to make. We enjoyed this fluffy, tender cornbread with spicy shrimp, coconut rice and fried cabbage. Thank you for sharing a recipe, that I will make again. I'm going to use the leftover cornbread in my stuffing this weekend, can't wait. Made for Pac Spring Safari
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (410 g) can creamed corn
- 2 minced pimento pepper
- 1 stick finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- whisk together all the dried ingredients and set aside. in another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter (i used i cant believe its not butter in order to lessen the amount of fat and it worked perfectly well) and add to the dried ingredients, whisking all the way until all the ingredients are well incorporated. then add in peppers, creamed corn, celery and onions. mix well and set aside for 15 minutes in order for the cornmeal to soak up all the liquids. this ensures a much more moist cornbread.
- place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.