Recipe by Cynna
My own creation and very renal-friendly*. Great for a theme party or just because you feel like something with a tropical edge. A flavorful yellow cake with a creamy, tropical secret. *good for people without functioning kidneys
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (one can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer bowl combine neufchatel, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and cream together.
- Stir in the pineapple and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add oil, water, vanilla, and rum extract.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 eggs and beat for 30 seconds more.
- Pour 2/3 batter in greased Bundt pan.
- Spoon the neufchatel mixture on top of batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is set, testing with a butter knife for doneness.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.