Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a cookbook a while back--not sure which one.
Make and share this Caribbean Coleslaw With Orange Mango Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1892.72 ml green cabbage, shredded
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
Orange Mango Dressing
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 170.09 g container plain nonfat yogurt
- 59.14 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 1-1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 4.92 ml gingerroot, finely minced
- In a large bowl mix together the cabbage, 1 1/2 large mangoes, red bell pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- Gently toss to combine.
- In a blender or food processor combine the puree the ingredients for the orange mango dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
This turned out pretty good, I made 1/2 the recipe. It definitely was lacking "something" so used some fresh cracked finishing sea salt on individual servings that seemed to do the trick. I served this with grilled jerk pork ribs.
Tis the season to have a great new slaw recipe, and I found it here! Can't wait to make it for a BBQ or get-together. Very fresh, bright flavors! Nice one!