Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I’ve use this recipe several times . Very refreshing twist to an old favorite. I found this recipe in a diabetic recipes book years ago.
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled pitted and cubed
- 6 ounces plain yogurt, non fat
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, frozen
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 large mangoes, peeled pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare Orange-Mango Dressing.
- Place mango in food processor; process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients for the dressing and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cabbage, mangoes, bell peppers, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Stir gently to mix evenly. Pour in Orange-Mango Dressing.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Serve, or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
I made this to go with the jerk pork ribs I made in the grill. It turned out pretty good but definitely needs something like salt. I used a finishing sea salt at the table that seemed to bring out the flavors.
This is a very refreshing cole slaw with some great flavors. If you are having it with Caribbean food, it is a perfect complement! It marinated for a good 6 hours before we ate it which really brought out the flavors of the dressing. Our guest added salt and pepper to hers and we added pepper to ours. I would add more cilantro and use the whole jalapeÃ±o (instead of playing it safe) next time. *Zaar World Tour III*