Top Review by joeklop
I used habenero sauce rather than peppers which allowed me to control the heat. We like things hot and I used 1 1/2 tsp. I used jicama like other reviewers along with purple cabbage because that's what I had. Made a pretty salad.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded fine
- 4 large carrots, shredded fine
- 453.59 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- black pepper
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and chop fine
- 177.44 ml Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard or 14.79 ml spicy brown mustard
- 59.14 ml eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cabbage fine.
- Shred carrots fine.
- Drain well canned pineapple chunks.
- Combine fruit and vegies in a large bowl and toss.
- To prepare the dressing:.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with the mustard of choice and salt.
- Gradually add a little bit (a teaspoon at a time) of the oil, beating constantly.
- Continue adding oil slowly, beating all the while.
- Gradually beat in the evaporated milk, vinegar and peppers.
- Pour dressing over all, and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- You can also add a few green spring chopped onions if desired.