Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This slaw is so good I sometimes eat it as a snack! It's very healthy too. Serve with any grilled meat, chicken or fish. Especially good with spicy food. Can be really spicy or mild depending on how many hot peppers you put in. Definitely gets better the more it sits.
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 -4 scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pinch clove
- Combine lime and orange juices, vinegar, salt, sugar, and cloves. Stir to combine. Add vegetables.
- Let sit for at least 4 hours before eating.
This is good! I have a suggestion, combine the juices and heat, add the sugar salt and cloves, stir to dissolve then the vinegar.Not only dissolves quickly but spices penatrate quickly also.The longer it sits the flavors are more intensive. By heating the the flavoring, you can refrigerate also.rain before serving in a colandar. I used very little hot peppers in this dish.