Mango and pineapple make this creamy slaw a perfect accompaniment to pork, citrus marinated grilled chicken, or any meat with a fruited salsa or sauce.
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2⁄3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heinz cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 1 small scotch bonnet peppers (wear gloves) or 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves)
- 4 cups dole coleslaw mix, with carrots
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice
- Toss all the ingredients in a bowl, chill, and serve.
I had used my last mango but made everything else as written. Loved the extra spice this recipe has but will add more jalapeno and cilantro next time.
Fantastic way to liven up coleslaw! Very, very good!
What a terrific coleslaw. I spiced it up even a little more with an extra chile. The perfect balance of hot and sweet and soft and crunchy, all integrated by creamy sauce. Did I mention how attractive this salad is?