Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely flavorful coffee. I really enjoyed the addition of the coconut. I used canned coconut cream & milk. and my favorite bold Kona coffee with this recipe. It was delicious. I garnished with whipped cream and a cherry for a really decadent feel. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: You can replace the coconut with packaged coconut and coconut milk, but it won't be as much fun to prepare. Drive two holes into the coconut with a hammer and nail.
- Drain the coconut liquid into a saucepan.
- Bake whole coconut at 300 F.
- for thirty minutes to release coconut meat from hard shell.
- Grate fresh coconut (about one cup). Place saucepan over low heat and combine grated coconut, coconut liquid, and milk.
- Heat until creamy.
- Strain, reserving both grated coconut under broiler or in fry pan on top of range.In warmed mugs, blend hot coconut milk with equal amounts of hot coffee. Sweeten with sugar.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serves 8.