Recipe by Anemone
I made this for supper one day, but the leftovers have been eaten for breakfast, tea-time and a midnight snack! Satisfies a sweets craving without endangering a diet.
Top Review by Outta Here
This had a chewy inner texture and a nice crunchy crust. I used half sugar and half Splenda. I think it needs a little spice, such as nutmeg or cinnamon, and maybe some chopped walnuts. I think orange juice would work also if you don't have pineapple juice handy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I omit this)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, coconut, sugar (if you're using), baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mash in the pineapple juice, banana and egg.
- Pour into a floured pan (8" square works well) and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool and wrap tightly to store in the fridge. Or don't, and eat it straight from the pan, like I end up doing!