Recipe by Dib's
It's a wow dessert! A great follow up to Jamaican Jerk Pork.
Top Review by The Crazy Chef
I love this recipe. The texture is wonderful and the flavor is out of this world. It was extremely easy to make. I served this recipe along with the fresh pineapple wedges and the wedges seemed to help tone down some of the richness. This is a very rich recipe (which I happen to love rich). Thanks for the great recipe Di.
- 2 large eggs
- 10 large egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs, yolks, sugar, water and butter into a food processor and whirl until well combined.
- Add coconut.
- Whirl just to mix.
- Set a 5-6 cup ring mold in a larger rimmed baking pan, at least 2 inches deep.
- Pour egg mixture into mold.
- Place both pans in a 350* oven.
- Fill bottom pan with boiling water to halfway up the sides of the mold.
- Bake until custard jiggles only slightly when shaken, about 50 minutes.
- Lift mold from water and place on rack.
- Let cool completely.
- Invert a plate on top and invert custard onto plate.
- Lift off mold.
- Serve or cover and chill for up to 2 days.
- Cut into wedges and serve with pineapple.