Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
For presentation and tasty side compliment. Slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8-inch pieces and cut the round slices in half. Lightly sauté the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray just until heated through. The pineapple will turn more intense yellow.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/3" to 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Trim chicken breasts so the pieces will measure 4 inches long and about 2 1/2 inches wide. Sprinkle sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- When chicken breasts are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain. Place coconut, corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well. In separate bowl place beaten eggs and add water, blend well. Have oil hot and ready to fry chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mixture, coating well. Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook until lightly golden. Remove and place on a paper towel. When frying chicken do not crowd and keep a check on the oil so it does not burn.
- The coconut chicken was served with the honey mustard on top of the chicken pieces, we have elected to serve the sauce on the side.