Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
This is a flavorful recipe on a summer night! The coconut milk really adds a wonderful flavor to the chicken.Reminds me if being back in the Caribbean only this time I am not a on cruise ship. You can serve this with sweet potatoes and a salad. NOTE: (a mild flavor and not over powering). If you are looking for over the top flavor this is not it. You can punch it up with more flavor with coconut extract if you really want a heavy duty flavor. This recipe is meant to have a hint of flavor and not an over powering coconut flavor.
Top Review by dr.momde47
Very tasty. I made a few modifications. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts since dark meat tends to soak up more of the flavor of the sauce than white meat. I also used light coconut milk and added a bit of red curry to make the flavor "pop" a little bit more. Everyone loved it. I think it was just the right amount of coconut flavor. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, fry chicken breast in vegetable oil until the chicken just begins to brown. Stir onions, green bell peppers and red bell peppers into the skillet with the chicken. Saute until the onions are translucent. When the vegetables are translucent, stir in the garlic and coconut milk. Let the mixture cook 5 to 8 minutes before removing the skillet from the heat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in a 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables cook down and the chicken is tender.