Recipe by Geema
This dish is a little spicy, a little sweet and very delicious. I like to garnish it with some flaked coconut and chopped peanuts. Rice is the perfect side dish to enjoy with the coconut sauce.
Top Review by SecretSmile
My family didn't particularly care for this dish, but I have to think it's because we are low sodium eaters, and crave ALOT of spice to compensate for flavor. I'm still going to try it again, jazzing it up with the things we are used to. Thank you for sharing!
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ground peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a shallow bowl; reserve 2 Tablespoons mixture.
- Dredge chicken breasts in remaining mixture.
- Melt butter in a lare skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in reserved onion mixture, cream of coconut and soy sauce.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- I like to garnish this dish with a few sprinkles of flaked coconut and chopped peanuts.