Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is perfect to serve for an intimate gathering.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a large skillet, fry chicken breasts in vegetable oil until the chicken just begins to brown.
- Stir onions, green bell pepper and red bell pepper into the skillet with the chicken. Saute until the onions are translucent. When the vegetables are translucent, stir in the garlic and coconut milk. Let the mixture cook 5 to 8 minutes before removing the skillet from the heat. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and bake in a 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables cook down and the chicken is tender.
So easily prepared and delicious, thank you! Only change, cut my chicken into bite-sized pieces, we just prefer it that way. Lovely recipe, thank you, made and enjoyed for ZWT9, Hot Pink Panthers On The Prowl.