Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is based on my favorite salad from Macy’s Marketplace in downtown Minneapolis. They don’t have it often, so I had to create an “at home” version. Macadamia nuts can be chopped and sprinkled over salad if preferred (I like them whole). I sometimes use a citrus-based vinaigrette in place of the poppy seed dressing.
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup small baby shrimp, cooked and peeled (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cubed pineapple
- 1⁄2 of an avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- macadamia nuts (to taste)
- creamy poppy seed dressing
- Arrange lettuce on a serving plate.
- Spoon the shrimp down center of plate. Arrange pineapple, avocado, bell pepper and macadamia nuts in rows on either side of shrimp.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve with dressing.