Recipe by Marlitt
I really like the fruit with the meat in this. Very quick and easy to make. Recipe include 4 hour marinating time.
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 1⁄2 medium fresh pineapple
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney, bottled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in water at least 20 minutes before assembling kabobs to prevent burning.
- Peel and core pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Alternately thread bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine chutney, orange juice, vanilla and nutmeg in a small bowl; mix well and pour over kabobs;
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler or do on bbq.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray; place kabobs on prepared broiler pan.
- Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Transfer to serving plates.