Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I really like the fruit with the meat in this. Very quick and easy to make. Recipe include 4 hour marinating time.
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 1⁄2 medium fresh pineapple
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney, bottled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Soak skewers in water at least 20 minutes before assembling kabobs to prevent burning.
- Peel and core pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Alternately thread bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine chutney, orange juice, vanilla and nutmeg in a small bowl; mix well and pour over kabobs;
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler or do on bbq.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray; place kabobs on prepared broiler pan.
- Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Transfer to serving plates.
This is very good. I enjoyed the sweet flavor (we used orange marmalade in lieu of the mango chutney). This are fun to eat and rather delicious.
We used orange marmalade in lieu of mango chutney. Made as directed otherwise. There is a wonderful unique flavor to this dish that we felt was most likely the vanilla and nutmeg. These kebobs are very easy to prep and make a yummy presentation.