Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An old favourite-re-discovered. I love this with fresh fruit, especially bananas, strawberries in season, and dried apricots.
- 1 lb plain dessert chocolate or 1 lb baking chocolate
- 1 (5 fluid ounce) carton single cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons dark rum
- Grate chocolate and place in fondue pot.
- Add cream and spices.
- Heat gently, stirring continuously until blended together.
- Lastly stir in juice and rum.
- Heat until smooth.
- Do not boil.
- What to dip: fresh fruit cut into bite size pieces-strawberries, banana chunks, kiwi wedges, orange segments, fresh dates, dried apricots-as well as sponge fingers or small macaroons.