Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This all purpose seasoning can be used as a rub on meat, fish, or poultry, sprinkled on potatoes and vegetables, or combined with sour cream or yogurt as a spicy salad dressing. It adds a taste of the Caribbean to any dish. As with any of my recipes calling for any type of chile pepper, feel free to substitute. From "The Pepper Pantry: Habanero" by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach.
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground habanero chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Combine everything in a spice (coffee) grinder, pulse until it's as finely ground as you want it.
- Let sit at least an hour before using.
- Store in a tightly closed jar in a cool place.