Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A complete meal and very delicious.
- 6 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 mangoes or 1 peach
- 2 green onions, thin slices top only
- 2 cups whole grain rice
- 1 tablespoon caribbean seasoning (optional)
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cubed chicken in a ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Bake chicken for 25-30 minutes, cook thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, start cooking your rice according to your package directions.
- (optional - add 1 tbsp Caribbean seasoning to rice while it cooks).
- Then in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and still well.
- When the chicken is done remove it from oven.
- Spoon in the ingredients from the bowl.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice and be sure to get lots of the juice.
While it certainly wasn't bad, it was rather plain and bland. I expected a lot more wow with a Caribbean dish. I'd definitely add a lot more lime and more fruit next time. The fruit was completely lost, not even worth cutting up.