From: Valerie Lindsey This delicious recipe has a little kick from the jalapeno peppers and sweet from the pineapple and juice. Our family LOVES this dish. Be sure to cook it on the grill to do it justice! Healthy, low fat, low sugar. This is a guilt free dish. Delicious served with baked sweet potato and green salad with a sweet vinaigrette dressing.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, large
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped (large)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped
- Make salsa first.
- Combine all salsa ingredients except cilantro and refrigerate up to one day. Add cilantro just before serving.
- Puree all ingredients for chicken marinade and put in plastic Ziploc bag with chicken. Marinade no more than 30 minutes. Grill and serve.