Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 pieces chicken (175 g per)
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded, cored, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 250 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 4 pineapple rings, fresh or canned
- 1 banana
- 1 orange, sliced, peeled
- Put the chicken portions in a casserole dish with the chopped pepper and curry powder.
- Pour over the stock and add salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook in a preheated hot oven at 220 C / 425 F / Gas 7 for 50 minutes.
- Chop the pineapple rings and banana and add to the casserole. Cook for a 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Garnish the casserole with the orange slices.
This was a tangy, very Caribbean style chicken. It was a little more work than I anticipated.
Hubby doesn't like bananas, so I left half a banana in one piece, and dug it out prior to serving and kept it to myself. I think it's the banana that makes this dish. I made this in my slow cooker, and started by cooking the chicken, and peppers along with a chopped onion for a couple of hours before adding the stock. A half hour before serving, I added the fruit. I also thickened the liquid. I give this recipe 5 stars, but hubby only gave the banana-less version a 3.
Tasty, simple and very easy. I liked the addition of the banana, used pineapple pieces, make sure you drain them, lots of liquid in this dish and I cut back by 1/4 cup.