Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Huey recipe. Posted for ZWT 3.
Make and share this Caribbean Chicken With Caramelised Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 14.78 ml curry powder
- 14.78 ml sweet paprika
- 9.85 ml allspice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml flaked sea salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- plastic wrap
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 fresh pineapple rings
- 118.29 ml low-fat yogurt
- 29.58 ml finely diced cucumbers
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml chopped coriander
- Mix spices and salt together. Set aside a little in a small bowl.
- Place doubled-over plastic over chicken and batten out to an even thickness.
- Then dip chicken into spice mix and cook on a lightly oiled ridged grill (or BBQ), together with pineapple.
- At the same time, mix together yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice, a pinch of the reserved spice mix and coriander.
- To serve, arrange pineapple rings and chicken on individual plates and top with a dollop of the yoghurt.
This is delicious! I did cut down a bit on the cayenne (used half) and my 11 year old still said it was too spicy. But the rest of us liked that level of heat just fine! And grilled pineapple is wonderful! Sweetens it up nicely. We love fresh pineapple, but grilled it is definitely over the top! thanks for the recipe.