Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tropical chicken salad. Makes 4 main meal serving or serves 8-10 as a side dish. Beautiful addition to a picnic or potluck! Adapted & lightened from Pillsbury website
- 1 (6 ounce) container fat free pina colada yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, fresh chopped
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Toss salad ingredients together OR layer in order listed into clear serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
What a taste treat! The flavors go together well even though they are so diverse. The dressing only had a subtle spice which I enjoyed. Very satisfying and memorable. Made for ZWT5.
What a delicious salad with everything from sweet mango to hearty beans to the crunchy cachews....every bite was a real treat. I used a homemade Caribbean jerk seasoning mix, and I thought it blended well with the pina colada yogurt to make a wonderful dressing. This is a salad you shouldn't miss.
I used Rita's Jamaican Jerk Seasoning for the jerk seasoning. I also used this seasoning to cook the chicken with. I highly recommend this salad and dressing to anyone looking for something different. It was a great combination of flavors. I could not find fresh mango, so I had to substitute frozen, which I thawed before using. I can't wait to use fresh. I also used pepper jack cheese in place of the cheddar. The little bit of heat with the sweet was perfect. It's an official hit. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)