Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
A great summer salad for dinner guest.
Make and share this Caribbean Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade, sauce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 lb mixed salad green
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce.
- Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.
- Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice.
- Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Place chicken on the grill, and discard marinade.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on plates.
- Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks.
- Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads.
- Lay some of the grilled chicken strips on each salad.
- Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.
This was awesome for dinner tonight! I made it enough for one. The blend of ingredients had a great taste with the dressing. THanks, Charlotte J!