This is a great summer salad. It's really easy to make, and kids love it. I like to stuff the salad into pitas and serve it like that, but it can stand alone as well.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 medium jicama, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and sliced
- Whisk lime juice, honey, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in oil, whisking until thickened.
- Place 1/4 c dressing in a shallow dish. Add chicken and marinate, covered, in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium and oil rack. Grill Chicken for 6 minutes per side, until cooked through, or broil for 5 min per side.
- Cool slightly, then cut into 1/2"-thick slices.
- Put remaining ingredients and chicken into a bowl. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Optional: Stuff salad into pitas and serve!