1/3 Photos of Caribbean Chicken Quesadillas
I found this recipe online and altered it slightly. I came across this while searching for Caribbean recipes for ZWT5. Edited to add: I made this a few days ago and found the mixture needed a little sweetness so I added a bit of honey. I think this may have been because my fruit was a little tart due to not being ripe enough. Just wanted to mention so that you can taste your mixture ahead of time and decide if you want a touch of sweet added before assembling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 473.18 ml fresh peaches or 473.18 ml mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Combine the chicken with all of the ingredients except tortillas. Brush 1 side of each tortilla with vegetable oil.
- 2On the non-oiled side, top half of each tortilla with the chicken mixture and Fold in half.
- 3Cook in a large skillet or griddle over medium low heat for at least 3 - 4 minutes per side or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly browned.
- 4Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
- 5Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g