I found this recipe online and altered it slightly. I came across this while searching for Caribbean recipes for ZWT5. Edited to add: I made this a few days ago and found the mixture needed a little sweetness so I added a bit of honey. I think this may have been because my fruit was a little tart due to not being ripe enough. Just wanted to mention so that you can taste your mixture ahead of time and decide if you want a touch of sweet added before assembling.
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups fresh peaches or 2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine the chicken with all of the ingredients except tortillas. Brush 1 side of each tortilla with vegetable oil.
- On the non-oiled side, top half of each tortilla with the chicken mixture and Fold in half.
- Cook in a large skillet or griddle over medium low heat for at least 3 - 4 minutes per side or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.