Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by jerk chicken for my family and we just love it! Use the seeds in the peppers if you like the heat. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 -6 eight-ounce boneless chicken breasts or 4 -6 chicken thighs
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the jalapeño pepper, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breasts and let marinate overnight.
- Choose your favorite cooking method to prepare the chicken. We like kabobs on the grill with fruit and veggies.
This recipe made the most amazingly juicy chicken!! I don't know what it was but the marinade made a "skin" on the meat, keeping the juices sealed in during grilling. The flavour was good - a little salty & not at all hot. I had already discarded the seeds when I saw the note about adding the seeds for some heat. I cooked the breasts whole & wish I had thought to save the peppers from the marinade & fried them up as a little side. Unlike the photo posted by TeresaS, my chicken ended up a very dark brown.
This is outstanding! It has a nice bite to it. I was really surprised that the spices didn't cause it to taste weird. Instead they gave it a smoky flavor. I should have sliced the jalapeÃ±os in circles, but no! I sliced them in strips. This is so tender and moist. I cooked them on the grill. Thanks little_wing for posting.